Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Very Yummy Breakfast"

"Russian Buttermilk Pancakes" - "Oladi" - "Оладьи"

Hello my dear readers. Today I was cooking breakfast for my husband, I love to cook for him on weekends, since he has no time to eat breakfast at home during the week. So, here it is:

This recipe will be especially helpful for those of you who always have some expired milk, or buttermilk in the fridge. You all know this habit of buying milk products, and forgetting about them :)
But if you've got any fresh buttermilk, or kefir you may use them as well!

Ingredients:

500ml buttermilk
2 cups of all-purpose flour
3-4 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of backing soda
1 teaspoon of salt

Directions:

1. Mix everything well together. Dough should be like a thick sour cream!
2. Heat a frying pan, add large amount of vegetable oil ( 2 tablespoons).
3. Using a tablespoon place a little bit of dough on the pan, and fry for a few minutes on the both sides until it is ready.

Serve with some yummy jam, or with sour cream.

P.S. In the background of this picture you can also see some fruits, I LOVE FRUITS, and can eat as much as I have at home, and advise you to eat a lot of them as well, especially now when it is spring, and our bodies need vitamins.

Bone Appetite, my dear friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment