These days were especially stressful and busy for me. I actually did not have time to cook a lot, that is why I did not post anything. But today I was inspired to cook something yummy. And here you can see the results:
"Sweet Peppers Salad"
Ingredients:
3 big Sweet Peppers
10 Anchovies
Olive Oil
3 Olives
Lemon Juice
Fresh Ground Pepper
3 Garlic cloves
Directions:
1. Fry Peppers on a grill, until slightly black. When ready place in a plastic bag and close tightly, set aside for 20 min. In 20 min, peel Pepper's skin and slice into thin slices
2. Heat pan, pour olive oil (as desired), add sliced garlic, and anchovies
3. In 10 min, add lemon juice, sliced olives, and pepper
4. Pour dressing over the peppers, and sprinkle with any fresh herbs like parsley
As a main dish we had: "Russian Meatballs With Green Rice"
Meatballs are easy to cook, I usually use my mom's recipe, I think it's the best :)
Ingredients:
2 lbs Ground Beef
4 slices French Bread - soaked in а cold water for 20 min (you make take more bread, it's all according to your taste)
1 thinly chopped Onion
4 grated Garlic cloves
Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
1.5 cups All-purpose Flour
Directions:
1. Place meat in a large bowl, add onion, garlic, soaked bread (take only soft parts of the bread), salt, pepper, and mix everything well
2. Form balls out of the meat, and roll each of them in the flour
3. Heat a pan, fry each meatball on both sides, and add boiling water - approximately half of the meatball should be covered
4. Reduce heat to minimum, and cover the pan. Cook for 20-25 min
"Green Rice"
This is my today's invention :) Honestly, it was a pretty good improvisation, I like it a lot.
Ingredients:
1 cup Rice ( you may take any kind of rice)
2 cups Spinach
1 Leek
4 Garlic cloves
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Basil
50 ml White Wine
1.5-2 cups Boiling Water
Directions:
1. Wash, dry and cut all the vegetables.
2. Heat a pan, pour Olive Oil, add leek, and garlic. Fry until transparent
3. Add Spinach, reduce heat, cover the pan, and let simmer for 10 min
4. Add rice, Wine, Salt, Pepper. Mix everything well. Add 1.5-2 cups of boiling water
5. Cover the pan, and cook for 20-25 min on a minimum heat
6. Take the pan from the cook top, open, and cover with a clean towel, and set aside for 10 min, in order for the towel to absorb the rest of the moisture from the rice
I think this rice you can eat as a side dish or by itself, you might just want to sprinkle it with Parmesan Cheese.
Bone Appetit!
...and sure I have not forgotten about my "pictures tradition".
One more picture from our honeymoon in Hawaii. Seems like I do miss the ocean, and want to get closer to it. Hopefully, sometime soon :)Thank you friends for reading, and Enjoy your weekend! :)
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment