This is one of my favorite pies, I like to eat it with vanilla ice-cream on top. I do not have a photo of cooked pie, because the day I baked it we had some friends over, hence I absolutely forgot to take a picture...sorry :)
500g any kind of berries ( in my case I had different frozen, as I am more likely to eat fresh berries and not to bake)
200g all-purpose flour
175g frozen butter
pinch of salt
4 tablespoons cold water
50g sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
Directions:
1. Sift flour, add pinch of sugar, cubed sliced butter, and 2 tablespoons of cold water - mix all the ingredients well for a few minutes, then add 2 more tablespoons of cold water and continue to mix
2. When dough is ready form a ball, cover and place in a fridge for minimum one hour
3. After one hour, stretch cooled dough with hands, then roll into big layer 3 mm thick, then place the dough inside slightly greased baking tray
4. Put all the berries on the dough, sprinkle with sugar
5. Fold the edges, covering berries with dough, cover dough with milk using brush, and cook for 30-35 min at 392 deg F ( 200 deg C)
* Serve with ice-cream over, or just sprinkle with powdered sugar
No comments:
Post a Comment