Sunday, September 5, 2010

Easy - Healthy - Tasty - Pasta

Hello everyone,

When I do not have enough time to cook something complex, I usually go for some pasta. This is one of our favorite recipes.


Ingredients:

100g Spaghetti - my favorite pasta brand is Garofalo
1 Onion
2-3 Garlic Cloves
1 Chili Pepper
Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Olive Oil
any vegetables you like, want, or have in a fridge:
Tomato
Pepper
Zucchini
Asparagus
Carrots
Italian Herbs...etc.

Directions:

1. Heat deep pan, pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil
2. Add chopped onion and garlic, fry until golden
3. Cut all the vegetables into similarly sized cubes
4. Add vegetables to the pan
5. Then add chili pepper seeds and Italian herbs
6. In a separate pot boil water, then add sea salt to taste and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, cook spaghetti until "al dente"
7. When spaghetti is ready, add them to the vegetables, mix everything well and take off the fire
8. Add a little bit of water in which spaghetti was boiled, 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with fresh herbs and cheese of your choice
9. Serve :)

Buon Appetito!

4 comments:

  1. hello elena, you're very good at cooking spaghetti, you look Italian! good brand of pasta, I also often use that. The key is to cook "al dente".. have you ever been in Italy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elena, sorry I didn't see your comment before. I love Italy and I have been there a couple of times, and sure I have a big passion for Italian cuisine and culture in general :)
    Thanks for all the nice words :)
    Which pasta brands do you use other than Garofalo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello elena,
    I often come to see your blog because I always find many nice recipes. Here are some links of Italian pastas, very good craftsmanship.
    soon

    http://www.pastacocco.com/index2.htm
    http://www.rosmarinofarm.com/IT/prodotti_it_pasta.htm
    http://www.pastamancini.it/

    ReplyDelete