Monday, October 18, 2010

Cranberry Sauce

I love cranberry sauce, especially with Vienna Schnitzel; for me Vienna Schnitzel is not a joy without a jar of homemade sauce. Hopefully this sauce will be a great addition to your Thanksgiving Dinner table!

Let's cook!

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1cup water
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
Optional: orange zest, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, raisins















Directions:

1. Wash and pick over cranberries. In a saucepan bring to a boil water and sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar


2. Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries burst. At this point you can desired spices such as cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg. I like to add orange zest and sometimes raisins


3. When sauce is ready remove from heat. Cool completely at room temperature and then chill in refrigerator. Sauce will thicken as it cools


Enjoy!

Vienna Schnitzel photo recipe is coming up soon!

1 comment:

  1. yum, I love cranberry sauce too... just made a salad with cranberry vinaigrette, i will post it soon.
    Happy Halloween,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete